mysterious keyboard, mouse lockups with FC5

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:37:33 UTC 2006

This is greatly unlikely, it's a brand new Dell XPS not even a year old. It
seems that it's a hardware issue (SATA disks) but the fact that it appeared
only when FC5 was installed on it points somewhere else. On the FC4 side the
lockups appeared only when newer kernels were installed. Back in December
the machine was running for 3 months uninterrupted doing heavy calculations
with absolutely no problem.

I'll turn off APIC and see, but this cannot be a permanent solution since
the machine is dual core...