extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0" ???

Does anyone know why this i and what I can do about it? Appeared right after
installing the livna nvidia driver rpm

[dave localhost ~]$ glxgears
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
glxgears: Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual.

Dave

--

I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I
expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's