Re: How to copy a Fedora system?

On Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:36 PM +0100 Timothy Murphy <tim birdsnest maths tcd ie> wrote:

The only issue is that I got thousands of warnings during the restores,
like this:

restore: lsetxattr ./etc/hotplug/pci.agent failed: Operation not supported

I compared the old and new files with "stat" but couldn't see any
difference apart from the inode numbers,
and the system seems to be working fine.
I wonder if this has something to do with selinux
(which I have turned off)?

I'd raise this on the dump mailing list. The developer is very responsive there.

"man lsetxattr" indicates that this is an issue with extended attributes. I think you can see those with the "lsattr" command. (Example: I set the "d" attribute on things I don't want routinely dumped, like my Fedora DVD image that's mounted as a yum core repository.)