Generate New xorg.conf

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 21:53:32 UTC 2006

--- Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:

> I want to generate a new xorg.conf file.
> system-config-display doesn't
> seem to do that, and xorgconfig doesn't seem to
> exist in FC4. How do I
> do it? http://www.fedorafaq.org/ doesn't say, but
> surely this is a
> common request from those installing new video
> cards.
> --
> "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of
> darkness, but
> rather expose them."			Ephesians 5:11 NIV
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
>
> Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/
>
> --

You can use a live-cd to generate an xorg.conf.  Take
your pick of your favorite livecd or one that you have
at hand.  Boot it and startx.  Look at
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and copy this file to
usb,floppy,own hard drive, etc and use it.  Boot
fedora back and hope that it works correctly.

Hope this helps,

Antonio