New thread, broadcom 802-11 related

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 04:09:49 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 15:04, Tim wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:50 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I had turned selinux off very early in this little party, and now I
>> think I need to re-enable it before some war-driver (like we have
>> someone doing that here in this small (pop 5000) town in the middle
>> of appalachia.)  Thats now back to as installed, and a reboot is
>> telling me a relabeling is required, and could take quite some time.
>> What the ??? is all that?  Its pounding the hard drive steadily,
>> several minutes worth.
>
>If you didn't have SELinux running, there's a chance that any files
>created or modified during that time mightn't have the right SELinux
>contexts set on them.  So, after enabling SELinux, it'll trawl through
>the drive relabelling everything as it thinks it ought to be (based on
>some defaults).
>
>If you have some non default things (e.g. home directories somewhere
>else than /home, or files that need custom contexts), you'll need to
>manually fix them up afterwards.

Once that had been done, things seemed to be fairly normal.  But
tonight, browsing freshmeat.net, I was trying to load some of the
newsforge links, but they opened a blank page, and reported at the
bottom of the screen 'stopped', which isn't a message I've seen before
so I assumed it was selinux that dis-allowed it.  Then later, I
discovered that there is a button switch below the led indicating the
wireless is on the air that shuts it off.  But turning it back on
didn't re-establish the link either, I had to do a network restart.

An hour later, this message comes in and I attempt to duplicate the
breakage so I can report it here, and its working normally now.  Murphy
is on the prowl again...  :(

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: