Re: Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Kenneth Porter wrote:
On Monday, April 10, 2006 1:52 PM -0700 Robinson Tiemuqinke <hahaha_30k yahoo com> wrote:

 in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc the argument to SMARTHOST
should be '[smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com]', while in
/etc/mail/authinfo we can not use
smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com directly b/c it is just an
alias name, instead, we should use the DNS resolved
true name that it points to.

I don't recall seeing square brackets in a SMARTHOST example before. Does SMARTHOST go through MX processing, such that the brackets are needed if one intends the name to be interpreted as the final mail host? (I'm familiar with square brackets in mailertable.)

Yes, that's correct.

Paul.