Re: New Install FC5 on a desktop

I install fc5 and I got the same can't determine the ip adress... and the sound problem in a desktop computer.
I will give the exact hardware to make it clear.
I really appriciate any help.

I have a sis based gigabyte mainboard with a intel processor.
I have a cnet pro200 pci fast ethernet adapter which seems to load correctly by fc5 because it has the right chipset name in the hardware tab.
I have a zoom adsl x4 5001 adsl modem which plug in with ethernet and my adsl servive provider use "pppoe llc".
I also had no connection problems in fc4 with the same hardware and I also cant understand a word of the answer which is written up.
is anyone knows why i cant determine an ip adress and jump in to the net. thanks...

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=80904&topic_id=19450&forum=10#forumpost80904