Grub from fc5 clean install

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 12:11:58 UTC 2006

Monkey Pet wrote:
> Hi, Can someone send me their grub.conf file from a fc5 clean install??  I
> have to generate mine manually and want to use it as a template.  Right now
> I am using the fc4 grub.conf as a template, but I want to see the
> differences in fc4 and fc5.  Thanks.

wget http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.6.0-1.noarch.rpm

will get the RPM (from the i386 tree, but it's a noarch RPM, so it would
be the same in any tree).

rpm2cpio yum-2.6.0-1.noarch.rpm > yum.cpio

will turn it into a CPIO file. And

cpio -id < yum.cpio ./etc/yum.conf

will create an etc directory in your current directory, and yum.conf
inside it.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | realise that you are in a hurry.