sata external disk, i/o errors

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sat Apr 22 18:23:30 UTC 2006

On Saturday 22 April 2006 20:14, Dan wrote:
> I'd guess loose cable. Check connections, replace cables, see if it helps.

I just rebooted and things are fine again.
What actually happened was the following.

I was copying a large amount of data (50GB) form one disk to another.
Halfway I wanted to cancel the operation and clicked cancel (I used konqueror
to copy the data). The copying was canceled but that when the I/O errors
start appearing and I needed to reboot.

I do have quite a long cable attached (about 50cm sata cable) but copying was
just fine so I guess this wasn't the issue. I also used the disk quite a lot
on FC4 and only have this issue since I'm on FC5 (perhaps a driver issue ?!).

regards,
Marcel