Wireless Routers for Linux?

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Sun Apr 23 00:19:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 21:40 -0400, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:12:57 -0500
> From: Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net>
> Subject: Re: Wireless Routers for Linux?
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 15:16 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 21 April 2006 15:00, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > >
> > > I have one to avoid: The new Linksys WRT54GX4 (SRX400) router. I
> got one
> > > a couple of months ago. Let's just say that after:

Here's another vote against Linksys, whether you run Linux or Windows.
I've read positive reviews in PC Magazine about their 54G gear,
particularly if you are "all Linksys" and can use their setup buttons.
But my experience has been completely negative, from routers which
randomly lock up and need rebooting to utility programs that leak memory
at 4KB per minute.  From what I've seen, Linksys devices don't even run
well on Windows.

My tech support experience with Linksys has been so bad, I won't
describe it in public.

Erik