fedora legacy support for x86_64 architecture?

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 07:19:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

>  On fedora legacy project's home page it says that
> only i386 arch is supported while x86_64 is not.
>
>  Is this also applied to FC4? we all know that most
> machines shipped since last year are 64bit capable and
> installed with x86_64 FC4/FC5 version.

No. There is an x86_64 branch of FC4 and FE4

>  Unfortunately some of our important applications work
> only reliably on x86_64 FC4 currently( some of them
> completely crash on FC5), so we have to wait a long
> while to recode and QA these sh*ts before put them
> into production again. This means we have to run
> x86_64 FC4 after the latter is put into legacy status.

Are these packages main FC ones or ones external to the distro? If
they're FC ones, have you put the faults into the Bugzilla?

>  Any one know what is the "official" policy on x86_64
> FC legacy support? Though I've seen some FC3 x86_64
> upgrades on fedoralegacy.org, I still like to get some
> "offical" answers to free my mind.

EOL is currently being discussed on the extras list. The FC ruling is
they support the previous one with anything before that being in the
Fedora Legacy domain.

TTFN

Paul
--
Computer sind Klimaanlagen sehr ähnlich: beide funktionieren, es sei
denn man öffnet die Fenster