Locking a console session

pcfe pcfe at pcfe.net
Sun Apr 23 09:59:25 UTC 2006

Hiho,

Ali Helmy wrote:
> When logged in to x-server [runlevel5] i can easily lock down the computer so
> that any access requires the user to enter a password first, while still keeping
> everything running in the background... Is there someway i can do that on
> runlevel3? Lock the computer so that I can go away and be sure no one can do
> anything without the password, and yet keep the procs ruunning in the background?

My preferred way of doing this is screen. It's in FC core.

Not only will it allow you to lock, it will also run multiple sessions
and you can detach them.

RU

PCFE
--
     Patrick C. F. Ernzer          |     e-mail: pcfe at pcfe.net
--go-and-make-your-own-disclaimer--+----------------------------------
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimmm...mmmmmm
Donuts.