bug or feature: hdparm functionality removed from initscripts-8.11.1-1?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Apr 23 16:37:13 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> --- "Philippe A." <futhark77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am running FC4.
>>> --
>
> I would suspect that it is a bug.
> On a system which was running FC4, I could not even do
> # hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
> to play dvd's better and turn on dma.  I got
> permission denied.  I have installed FC5 on it and
> this problem has gone away, just others have taken the
> place of this one.

Nope, the OP's issue (/etc/sysconfig/harddisks missing) is a feature.
See Bugzilla #157673 and this thread at fedora-devel-list:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-August/msg00201.html.

Your problem may be something else, though.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu