About "ata1: command....."

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:10:27 UTC 2006

> - poweroff is NOT power off ONLY system halted.

> I suspect whether the problem coming from kernel booting option -
> noacpi
> (without this option the box will hang)
> - the warning "Powerno-k8: mp system not supported by PSB Bios
> structure still appears on starting booting

Notice that the only necessary option for me to avoid the system freezes is
the 'noapic'
one. The 'noacpi' you have passes effectively turns off completely the ACPI
power
management and most likely that's why the poweroff does not work. The
'noapic'
option turns off the IO_APIC. For more info on what APIC does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IO-APIC

Filippos