Emails Bouncing - Please Help!!

Hi! I am on a bunch of mailing-lists (this one, kde-linux, and suse-linux-e), and I have gotten a message from each about my messages bouncing and my account being suspended. I use thunderbird 1.5.0.2 on FC5. I have almost 40,000 emails from June '04 saved. Could I have some sort of virus? Does linux GET viruses? I really don't want to be permanently canned from the lists, so could anyone help? Thanks!
-Steven