What backup method(s) do you use?

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Tue Apr 25 08:55:58 UTC 2006

"Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa at gmail.com> writes:

> > At home, I do manual backups to my Linksys NSLU2 NAS.
>
> What protocol does the NAS use for the transfer?

Whatever protocol I want (since it run Linux using the Unslung custom
firmware). Since it has a Samba server running by default, I usually use
that, even if it is somewhat slower than other protocols, e.g. FTP. If I
need to access it from outside my firewall, I tunnel the connection through
SSH, the only port open to the world. And the SSH server is set up to only
accept public-key authentication.

Regards
Ingemar