Azureus message popups persist

Weiqi Gao weiqigao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:07:32 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else found in FC5 that popup dialogs from Azureus
> in extras won't close when you click hide?

Yes.  In my case it is a message telling me I need to open a hole on
port 9881/udp in my firewall, even though I have already opened that
hole already.

>  I tried installing
> Sun's Java with no change (although general Azureus performance
> is much better now, at the cost of all my fonts going slightly
> funky).  The most common one I get is "Azureus failed to shut
> down properly," but the others do the same thing.  They'll
> only go away if I right click and exit Azureus  on the top
> panel (although I haven't tried xkill-ing them yet).

For me, it's not always the case that the message boxes won't go away.
 I can close them most of the time, especially right after they popped
up in the lower right corner of my screen.

The few cases when they won't go away have all been cases where I was
away from the computer and came back to find the message box covering
the Workspace Switcher applet and won't go away when I click on the OK
button.

My work around is to drag the bottom panel to the left side of the
workspace so that I can continue do work and leave the message box
there.  Azureus would continue to work.  The message box will go away
when I close Azureus when I'm done downloading from the File->Exit
menu.

--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiqigao at gmail.com