Re: Bad night with FC-5

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 12:50 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> It's a pity, because it means that I could not recommend a newbie
> to try Fedora, as the risk of failure during installation is too high.

When you say Fedora, do you mean Core 5?  If so, I would not suggest any
new user use the latest release of any distribution of any OS. Core 4
and previous on the other hand are quite stable.  I always suggest that
new users use a live cd of some sort.  This gives them a feel for the OS
before the commit a lot of time to it only to find out they don't like
it.  After that they should use a stable release and get more experience
before moving on to the bleeding edge stuff.

--
Tony Heaton