LCD Monitors

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 25 16:14:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Jim Patterson wrote:

> I was looking at getting a Dell UltraSharp monitor and was warned by a friend
> that some LCD  monitors don't work with Linux.

sometimes you have trouble fidning the right modeline, and making one from
scratch can be work. I've never found a monitor that I couldn't get
working with linux.

> Does anyone know of large
> LCD monitor which will work with Fedora.

I use an acer al2416w (24" 1920x1200 native resolution) we also have a
dell 2405fpw (also 24") in the office... I would characterize those as
large though I don't know if that's what you had in mind. lcd's with
resolutions higher than 1920x1200 require graphics cards with dual-link
dvi ports so that does place a dependacy on your hardware choice.

>  And would there be a dependency on
> version.  I still have some boxes running Fedora 3 and Fedora 2 .

not really.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu