Bad night with FC-5

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Apr 25 16:30:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Robin Laing wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>>

>> It doesn't seem that your experience is very different from mine.
>>
>> It's a pity, because it means that I could not recommend a newbie
>> to try Fedora, as the risk of failure during installation is too high.
>> On my experience, the probability of a failure while reading the CDs
>> is at least 30%.
>>
>> I wish the Anaconda people would get advice from Mr Knoppix or Mr Slax.
>>

> This is why I am sticking with FC4 for now.
>
> My wife would have my head if her laptop didn't work after a few hours.

I am currious as to why people are having these problems with FC5.  All of
my installs with it have run flawlessly.  Any problems I have had have
been tracked to bad media, not FC5.  (Never buy Memorex media. It is
crap.) Slowing the burner to half speed on the burn resolved the media
problems. (Always verify burns.  Especially when using a new brand of
discs.)

--
"Waiter! This lambchop tastes like an old sock!" - Sheri Lewis