Runlevel3 services

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 17:16:24 UTC 2006

On 24/04/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 18:26 +0200, Ali Helmy wrote:
> > What services provide the DHCP ip look-up?
>
> Should be related to one of the network services.  Whichever one manages
> your network will use DHCP if configured to do so.
>
> You'd only have some specific service for DHCP if the machine was a DHCP
> server for other machines.
>
> --
> (Currently running FC4, occasionally trying FC5.)

> --

Ok mates, now I have a different kind of problem

When I start in runlevel5, everything works fine... However when I start
runlevel3, and then try to start gnome [startx] gnome starts up, laods the
splash screen, loads everything in the splash screen then presents the
background image i got... then hangs right there and then...

So what is going wrong?

--
Cheers,
     A. Helmy