Evolutuion exchange connector on FC5

gb spam gbofspam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:03:24 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com> wrote:
> I am considering upgrading my workstation from FC4 to FC5. One of the
> applications that I truly depend on daily is Evolution running in
> conjunction with the Exchange connector. So, before put the DVD in and
> upgrade, I would like to know what to expect.
>
> - Has anybody had success with it?
> - Is it more or less stable than FC4?

Works for me (whereas fc4 didn't work at all):

   Start up is very slow if you have a lot of emails on the server, in
the order of 10 minutes for me (maybe this can be improved with config
tweaking, but I've not looked, I just run it continually).  This makes
it unworkable on a slow link.

   Adding entries to the address book (via right clicking on an email
address and selecting 'add to address book') results in names that
can't be found in a search (unless you edit the entry manually
*afterwards* and change the name).

   Replying to a message sometimes will not put the previous message
in the edit window.  This seems to be dependent on the actual email as
closing and then hitting reply again results in the same problem every
time.  This can be a huge pain as there is no work-around.

Its mostly stable (uptime would be measured in days, not hours).  It
has got confused a couple of times, but nothing that a (10 minute)
restart didn't cure.