Raid-1 anyone?

Jerry Roy jroy at ipass.com
Wed Apr 26 00:01:31 UTC 2006

I have hardware RAID-1 on my Mboard and FC5 recognized it as a single
drive. Installed FC5 successfully and all seems to run well. I want to
know how to test the RAID-1 capability. I have yanked one of the drives
while the power was off and booted system. It attempted to boot and then
went into a kernel panic. Once I re-inserted the drive and rebooted the
system, the raid controller software "rebuilt" the drive that was yanked
and all was recovered. How can I get this to work like a windows box
where I can run on either drive if the other has died or been removed?

Thanks,

Jerry