Bad night with FC-5

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Apr 26 16:23:02 UTC 2006

James Wilkinson wrote:

> Timothy, can you remember *which* RPM failed? What happens if you
> loopback mount the ISO (or just mount the CD), and try rpm --checksig on
> it?

I don't remember, I'm afraid.
I had about 6 failures, on two AMD machines,
some using CDs and some installing from the hard disk.
They occurred at different points,
so I assumed there was nothing actually wrong with the ISOs.

In both cases, I finished by installing the "Minimal" configuration,
and then completing it with yum groupinstall.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366