Q re moving email to diff machine

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 27 01:46:23 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 01:08, Les Mikesell wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 21:39, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> As I'm going to be out of pocket for a bit, I'd like to take the
>> email archive thats collected on this FC2 machine for quite some
>> time, and move it over to the FC5 lappy I'm taking along.  Unforch,
>> its a tossup mixture of maildir and mailfile formats here, which
>> kmail handles well without complaints.
>>
>> I guess its evolution that will be used on the FC5 machine.
>>
>> So whats the best way to import the corpus of this installs email,
>> to the fc5 box?
>
>Start dovecot, set up an IMAP acount on your client pointing to
>it, create some folders, select your messages, drag to the new
>folder.  You'll be able to access them from evolution or other
>IMAP clients from the same box or anywhere else.

Ok, I've installed dovecot-0.99 or thereabouts from the rpm, is there
a .conf file I have to generate for dovecot?  The other box is only
seeing a small amount of old messages, missing 60 out of 62 or so
folders setup in kmail on this machine.  They may even exist from a
limited run to get the mail without deleting from the servers when I
was playing with evolution 2 weeks before.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: