How to use dvgrab.

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Apr 27 04:37:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 02:58 +0000, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> This is the Kino lead developer. We are receiving a bunch of bug reports from
> FC5 users (and only FC5 users) just like this. I do not use FC5 and can not
> reproduce it. One user reported disabling SELinux worked for him. I would like
> to know if this workaround works for others as well. Please send email to
> dan at dennedy.org if it did.

This is interesting. Until very recently, kino-0.8.0-2.lvn5 used to
crash on my FC5 system when opening an existing avi-encapsulated
(opendml) DV file captured with dvgrab.

But now it works fine. :-O

I keep this system always up to date, so it must be one of the recent
updates that fixed it.

ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.22.20060407.lvn5
kernel-2.6.16-1.2096_FC5
selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.34-3.fc5
alsa-lib-1.0.11-3.rc2.2

The non-Fedora packages are from rpm.livna.org

Anything else you want to know about my system, or anything you want me
to try, please let me know. Kino had a bit of an erratic behavior
recently on FC5 (and even before on FC4 IIRC) so I support any effort to
fix any related issues.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/