Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 28 06:20:30 UTC 2006

M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 16:38:13 PM -0500, Mike McCarty
> (Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net) wrote:
>

>>I didn't feel the need to post anything except in response to your
>>annoying message.
>

> It's never too late to learn a minimum amount of good manners. Being

You seem to feel that I need to learn some. People get respect
by earning it. Spamming groups with off-topic stuff is not the
way to do that. Learn manners yourself, first. I already know
when the appropriate thing is to treat rudeness with abruptness.

> good at programming doesn't grant an exception. And FOSS would be much
> more palatable to many users if this simple fact wasn't ignored.

I'm not an advocate of nor a contributor to FOSS.

> Now, with respect to your specific critiques:

I see. Your question was rhetorical. You didn't really
want to know why I disliked your message, you just
wanted to be able to argue against me. You weren't interested
in actually learning anything.

[snip]

> Is being disabled mutually exclusive to being Italian? Is being
> Italian a disability? Have non-US citizens no right to speak about a
> worldwide problem, only because it showed first in USA? Disability and
> FOSS have no citizenship, and I made both USA and Italian "names" in my
> article.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marco Fioretti

Apparently, being Marco Fioretti is a handicap.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.