Re: any suggestions to choose cool programs to edit files?

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 14:19 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> > 1, write Latex files,
>
> Lyx is supposed to be nice. It is available from extras.

Lyx exports to LaTeX - but it isn't really LaTeX - I got started with
LyX but found that I was using the "ERT" boxes (insert raw tex) too
often - using a text editor with goot LaTeX support (such as emacs with
auctex) is faster and preferable. At least for me.