any existing script to fix the problem ?? -- Re: Help: aborted 'yum upgrade' and corrupted rpm database resulted

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 00:57:44 UTC 2006

Hi, Sam and Jeff,

 Thanks for your helpful guys's suggestions.

 Now since I'm being pushed to repair the crashed rpm
database, I just run the following steps to have
successfully fixed it in a quick and dirty way.

 1, cut the list of affected packages from
/var/log/yum.log file, and paste into a file
/var/tmp/hahaha.txt.

 2, rpm query the list in hahaha.txt and generate the
list of obsoleted version and save them into another
file with the following command: ( `head -1` because
ld obsolete version comes first)

for i in `cat /var/tmp/hahaha.txt `; do rpm -q ${i}|
head -1; done >/var/tmp/obsoletes

 3, feed the obsolete versions into "rpm -e --justdb":

 rpm -e --justdb `cat /var/tmp/obsoletes`

 After these three steps, rpm databases are clean
again.

 But, the above steps has some limitations especially
when there are multilib stuff kicked in.

 Any one in this forum has an existing script to deal
with this problem? If so, I don't need to reinvent
wheel again.

Thanks.