CDROM boot error

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 29 21:17:48 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 07:52 -0700, Jack Taylor wrote:
> Thanks for the responses folks.  After recently joining this list and seeing
> all of the problems
> people are experiencing with Fedora, think I will remain with RH 6.2 as my
> applications
> are doing quite well at that level.  I just got overcome with wanting to
> 'have the latest!
>
> Jack

I think your decision is based on an incorrect reading of what is going
on here on the fedora list. FC5 is very new and therefore problems are
numerous. Trying to update from RH 6.2 to any Fedora in one step is
going to be hellish. RH 6.2 is probably 10 or 12 years old. A lot has
gone on in Linux since then. However earlier Fedoras like FC3 or FC4 are
pretty stable and the bugs have been removed pretty much.

Now if you are running 6.2 I would guess you have a slow machine that
would have difficulty with Fedora. But in any case updating would be
better done by saving your important data somehow, doing a clean install
of a Fedora (it could be a stable Fedora) and then installing your saved
data.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>