gcc 3.4.X for FC5 ?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 14:39:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been working for a while now on a FC5 box with a project that requires
gcc 3.2.X - I have been able to do this using the compat rpms that provide
the gcc 3.2.3 compiler as "gcc32" etc.

This project is soon to update to gcc 3.4.5 (because they are upgrading from
EL3 to EL4 and they use the default compilers on these platforms) and thus I
need to be able to use gcc 3.4.5 as well.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an equivalent of the compat rms for
gcc 3.4.5 ... Does anything exist providing this, or am I just going to have
to compiler the compiler myself from scratch ?

cheers Chris