Networking Problems

DRicher33 no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Aug 1 18:54:31 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Fairly new to linux and having some problems troubleshooting my internet connection.

For some reason I can't get to the outside world and it's driving me nuts.  I can't ping anything outside my localhost.  I'm running a static IP address:

IP: xx.xx.128.149
Sub: 255.255.252.0
Gateway: xx.xx.128.1

Confirmed with my ISP that those are correct.  I've assigned DNS settings properly and confirmed on another machine that the Gateway, DNS servers are working.

Here is what I've done:

1. Reinstalled Fedora Core 5
2. Turned off the firewall and SELINUX
3. Tried a different network card with same result.

Am I missing something here? Is this some weird DNS issue?

Any help would be great
thanks

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org