Legacy..

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:36:11 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06, James Dickson <jdickson at cimtel.net> wrote:

> I have a Dell Latitude CPi 233mhz  Pentinum II with 128 meg of ram. I
> installed FC5 running XFCE 4.2. It works pretty good, but when I use
> Firefox and try to load certain websites they never load... For instance
> http://java.sun.com . It will sit there and never load, no errors no
> timeouts just continuous waiting or loading the page.
>
> Has anyone had any luck in running this sort of configuration?  Any
> recommendations, tips, tricks or gotchas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - James Dickson
>
> --

Hi James!

For fun, in the URL line of Firefox place "about:config" (without the
quotes) - and then in the Filter line place "IPv6".  The "
network.dns.disableIPv6" line should appear and double clicking on that line
should change it to "boolean true".  Then see if you can access your
websites and write me back please if you can.

Also for fun, you might try the newest versions of Pupply Linux using the
Opera or Seamonkey browers (
http://www.puppylinux.org/user/viewpage.php?page_id=1).  Puppy is live CD,
Multi-session (can write the "live" session back to a multi-session CD or
DVD) and extremely small (about 42Mb using only about 64Mb total system
memory.  It makes a nice quick test tool quite often.

Good Hunting!

Tod