Boot floppy for FC5

Joel Rees joel_rees at sannet.ne.jp
Wed Aug 9 23:33:43 UTC 2006

> There is also an IDE drive there, maybe putting GRUB in it's MBS will
> work and set it up to boot from SCSI partition.

Yeah, even if you end up installing a (very small) system on the IDE
drive, just for the convenience of using FC's installer to install
grub. You can then install the whole system on the SCSI drive and
have grub on the IDE point to the SCSI.

If you end up with /boot on the IDE as well, as someone mentioned you
might, I wouldn't sweat it, I'd just remember to back /boot up from
the IDE  to the SCSI disks after any kernel update..