How to customize hardware ethernet settings in FC5?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:37:18 UTC 2006

> You might use an "options" line in /etc/modprobe.conf.  The options are
> documented in kernel-doc.  For example,
>
>      $ more /etc/modprobe.conf
>      alias eth0 e1000
>      alias eth1 e1000
>      options e1000 Duplex=2 Speed=100

Thanks for the excellent idea... hmmm... looking at the natsemi driver
it appears that I can't set the speed via an external option.  I'll
have to poke around some more, but my quick check doesn't look
promising.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your response and your idea -- in my
heart-of-hearts, its the right answer, but, until I poke around some,
doesn't seem feasible in my situation.

I guess there's always rc.local, but I'll save that for a last resort.

--wpd