[Fedora] Re: Adding X to existing installation

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Aug 10 18:01:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:54:45AM -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> >or if you prefer (and since you specifically say KDE, I assume you do)
> > yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
>    How do i tell yum where the rpm's are?  I have the entire install
> DVD mounted as an NFS filesystem right now, as well as all the updates.
> So ideally I would rather it grab all the needed rpm's from that NFS
> (and I will run updates later) than having it re-doanload everything again.

You'll probably want the latest (security-patched) versions of everything,
not the DVD ones (so long ago!) so downloading from the net is still my
recommendation.

But if you really want to, you can create a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/
pointing at your NFS share. See the ones already there for examples, and use
file:/// urls.