Spamassassin and evolution

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 21:01:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 11:16 -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Roger Taranto" <roger at rogflies.com>
>

> If I understand it correctly evilution is an MTA that uses SpamAssassin
> to filter email at read time.
>
> Just off hand I can't think of a more stupid way to use SpamAssassin
> except maybe webmail. It'd be a tossup for how long you sit around
> waiting for email to appear on the screen so you can read it.
Well being stupid may be a way of life for some. I use evolution with
spamassassin and it works well for me. There is a wait time before mail
starts arriving but after it starts being downloaded it comes down
pretty rapidly. I have no access to the pop server so that it is the way
that works well for me.

> Filter in your MDA. Then the MUA can simply work off the SpamAssassin
> markup that is already present when it feeds messages off to individual
> folders/sort bins/mailboxes/whatever.
>
> {o.o}   I may be crazy enough to use OE. I'm NOT crazy enough to try
>         to filter emails as they are read into an MUA. Life's too
>         darned short for that.

user, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot." --
Dave Barry, "Claw Your Way to the Top" [I always thought "computer
professional" was the phrase hackers used when they meant "idiot." Ed.]
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net