Chinese input on English locale

Joel Rees joel_rees at sannet.ne.jp
Sat Aug 12 08:28:18 UTC 2006

On 2006/08/11, at 18:44, Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Tks for your advice.
>
> I'm now snswering this email on FC5_64 PC.
>
> I can input Chinese with following input methods on English locale;
> CangJie
> CangJie3
> Wubi
> Simplex
> Quick
> etc.
>
> But some characters seemed missing.  I doubt whether I need adding
> some
> Chines fonts?

Possible. There seem to be a number of the free fonts that aren't yet
complete.

> # yum list installed iiimf-*
> # yum list installed iiimf*
> # yum list installed iiimf
> # rpm -qa | grep iiimf-*
> # rpm -qa | grep iiimf*
> # rpm -qa | grep iiimf
> All no printout

I haven't done that recently enough to comment, and I'm on the wrong
box to check it. Maybe later.

>>> Which file shall I edit instead of exporting it each time before
>>> editing Chinese.  TIA
>>
>> You've tried .bash_profile ?
>
> # cat ~/.bash_profile
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
>         . ~/.bashrc
> fi
>
> # User specific environment and startup programs
>
> PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
>
> export PATH
> unset USERNAME
>  * end *

That's the file.

Usually, you'd just add the export command you've been typing in at
the terminal to the end of that file.