Image Browser

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sun Aug 13 22:06:03 UTC 2006

Greetings Aaron,

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 09:51 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
>> On Sunday August 13 2006 9:35 am, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>> I looked aat the other prograsms suggested for this purpose and I think I
>>> can say that xv is the most feature rich program of the lot.

Aaron since i was the one who placed the question originally , let me
say these . An Image Browser is just that an Image Browser not an editor
not anything else . Perhaps the only advantage of an Image Browser in
comparison with the other would be the ability to read more image formats .

>> Have you tried xnview?  I have not tried it. I can't even even find it.

> http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/XnView-Download-4612.html

I guess this might be of assistance

  But never mind this is a  subjective decision.

I wouldn't worry about that . We all make subjective decisions , after
all the only thing someone can ask is an opinion no mater if it's the
same or different of what the others would say .

> But I am willing to learn. Have you ever tried xv?

> In what way is xnview superior?

I need some time to find that out . But if you would ask . I could say
that from a FIRST LOOK  gthumb for example is a bit easier to use than
xv .

Kostas