Need Standard C++ Compiler for M$ Windows

Justin Willmert justin at jdjlab.com
Mon Aug 14 17:25:59 UTC 2006

Peter Gordon wrote:
> Yunus wrote:
>
>> I am learning C++. Can anyone suggest a good Standard C++ Compiler for Windows ?
>>

> I use Dev-C++ [1] on the computers at school. It's a Windows port
> (MinGW) of the GNU build tools with a nice graphical IDE.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> [1] http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

I'd echo using Dev-C++. I've used it before when I wanted to start a
project when I was away from home for a while (and therefore didn't have
access to my VC++). It's a relatively small download and a very simple
install, yet it still gives full functionality (from the Win32 API
perspective. If you need MFC, then you'll have to use VC++ though).

Justin