Image Browser

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Mon Aug 14 18:17:49 UTC 2006

Greetings Robin,

Robin Laing wrote:
> Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
>> On 8/12/06, Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an Image Browser available for Fedora Core 4 ?
>>
>> gqview
>>

> I will second this and it is one of the first applications I install
> after a clean install.  It allow the ability to open images in
> individual windows and full keyboard control of images from the number pad.

I have already installed and tried gqview and my first impression from
it was pretty positive but the very thing you describe above ( opening
an image in an individual window ) is the very thing i wanted to avoid
and on of the primary reasons i opened the thread .

> Will also do slide shows of a directory of images.

That thing on the other hand is pretty useful

> Right click and you can open the image in an editor as well.

Thanks for the above . Gqview seems to detect the various editors
installed and provides them .

> You can have thumbnails in the file list which can also be detached from
> the window viewer.

Kostas