I hosed FC5 need help with file names and locations to verify all current files are backed up.

jlgates at charter.net jlgates at charter.net
Tue Aug 15 19:58:14 UTC 2006

I will say sorry right up front because this e-mail is being sent from my ISP account by web browser.  It might be in html.

I hosed my FC5 install.

I am running the box from Knoppix live cd ver 3.6.  I can get to all my data.  My critical files are almost completely copied over to another box.

I don't know the name or location of the files that hold my address book in KMail and my bookmarks in Firefox.

I can't get my KMail files (the e-mail that I saved in folders) to move by scp the file names have a lot of puncuation marks in them and the SSH does not like it.  Will these files still work in Kmail if I can zip them, move them, and unzip again?  Or, does some one know a clean simple way to get these files copied over to my other box with the SSH/SCP command in the shell?