adding packages from original install location

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:15:55 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are some notes I wrote down when I wanted to install some SW from
> my DVD.  Probably the simplest thing would be to go read
> http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1055 which is what inspired this
> particular note.
> Hope this helps...
> --wpd

Thanks a ton, Patrick. That worked to get Yum to use the local core
repository. I commented out the default baseurl and mirrorlist and
added my own base URL. Initially it didn't work. I had to remove the
comment from gpgkey (it was there by default).
I did a groupinstall 'Development Tools'. The packages are installing now.
Thanks again.

--
Regards
Vivek