Time incorrect after processor upgrade

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 15:43:10 UTC 2006

Dear All

I have just upgraded the processor of my computer to a P4 Dual Core. I
have also meanwhile installed kernel-smp. However, the time is not set
correctly. I have tried

# /sbin/service ntpd status
ntpd (pid 2052) is running...
]# /sbin/service ntpd restart
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
# ntpstat
unsynchronised
  time server re-starting
   polling server every 64 s
# /sbin/service ntpd --full-restart
Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
# /usr/sbin/ntpdate de.pool.ntp.org
16 Aug 23:35:31 ntpdate[2913]: the NTP socket is in use, exiting
]#

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul