Fedora Core 5 Issues

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Aug 17 17:36:29 UTC 2006

Mark Haney wrote:

> I hate to break this to you, as I'm running 6 FC5 Xen DomU domains on a
> production server for some of our customers who wanted to host a full webiste
> without the need for Co-location.  It's a new service we have been offering
> for about 2 months now and it's been absolutely rock solid.  Not to mention

Quick, tell RHAT ;-)

> that I have 2 FC5 servers that pull in weather data from 144 NWS radars all
> day every day at about 10Mbps for over 6 months without a reboot.
>
> We have 5 more FC5 servers that control more than 20TB of weather data that is

I think the OP lost the focus a little: the situation he is complaining
about is proposed to belong to

  - x86_64 install
  - SATA drives
  - long uptimes

additionally since my box was up for months 24/7 before the trouble
started, if it is even a software issue at all we must add

  - recent FC5 kernel

So unless those boxes are all in the above situation they probably don't
throw much light other than to defend FC5 from the general charge of
being shaky.

-Andy