How to create an RPM from a source tarball?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 19 15:17:55 UTC 2006

Heikki Pesonen wrote:
> I will appreciate some good book about Fedora Core 5.

I'd be very surprised to see one, for various reasons:

It's *fairly* new, and books take a while to write and publish,
particularly in-depth ones.  It's soon to be outdated by FC6, so any
book will already be seriously out of date in short order.  And even
without major distribution changes, individual packages change over
time.  Most Linux books that I've looked at seem to be based on an old
version of Linux, with some customisations for the current versions.

Having said that, any good book that lets you know the Unix-way of
things, particularly the things that people assume you ought to already
know, is going to be helpful.  If you have a good grounding in the
basics, you ought to be able to work out the specifics.

I read messages from the public lists.