gnome lock screen button does not work after update on fc5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Aug 22 11:01:16 UTC 2006

Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gnome lock screen button of gnome applet on the panel does not work
> after yum update on FC5 yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix this ?
>
> Anyway, according to this problem I have to logout or type
> 'xscreensaver-command -lock' everytime when I leave tentatively.
>
> // M. Iizuka

I tried the menu version and there are no problems on my system. Which
update broke this feature for you? Gnome-screensaver or xscreensaver-* ?

rpm -q gnome-screensaver
package gnome-screensaver is not installed

rpm -q xscreensaver-base
xscreensaver-base-4.24-2

Jim

--
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and
ask for it back the when it begins to rain.