FC5 Installation Killing Computers

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Tue Aug 22 16:44:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 10:21 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

> Of course, most of the statements about multitasking, etc are based on
> older versions of Windows and slower processors.

My experience has been that Windows XP, arguably the most stable Windows
version ever (haven't tried Vista) seems to stress my hardware more than
older versions of Windows (Windows 2000 Professional) running on older
hardware. I don't recall my hard disks thrashing as much on Windows
2000. YMMV
--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur