[Slightly OT] Video editing

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Aug 24 17:02:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Frank Pineau wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 11:49 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
>> Does anyone have any recommendations for video editing software?  I've
>> not touched any packages in about 5 years and I know things have changed
>> dramatically in that arena.  I'd prefer an open source package at the
>> moment since I have to relearn everything.
>>

> I keep having people recommend Kino to me, but after using it I've come
> to the conclusion that they're insane.  I wish I had a better option,
> but that seems to be the best of the free/low-cost bunch.

Kino is very simplistic.  I have used it before.  Usually cored when I was
trying to do something useful.  Used it mostly as a front end for my video
capture card.

Cinelera is free. It has has a real sharp learning curve.  (i.e. hard.)

I have not tried MainActor.  It is closed source and not free, but
supposed to be good.

There are a few others out there.  Try searching on Freshmeat.net.

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink