live cd

Marc linuxr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 22:35:19 UTC 2006

I currently use Helix for a lot of data recovery projects, which is a
Knoppix hack with some good gui tools mainly geared for law enforcement
etc., which of course if it is good enough for forensics/legal environments
it should fit the bill for most sysadmin environments just fine.

I would be highly interested in any redhat-based livecd.  I think it would
also be a great way for linux users groups to hand out to potential new
users, to introduce people to linux in the first place.  I know a guy who
hands out what seems like dozens of Ubuntu disks every week.

Marc